Here is the last of our Year In Review posts for the 2012 regular season of tv. As usual, SB’s thoughts are in blue and mine are in purple. Read, agree, disagree, comment – you know how it goes! And get ready, because our summer 2012 coverage is kicking off soon!
OH MY GOD, KRISTEN WIIG IS GONE! Our long national nightmare is over! AND ALL THE PEOPLE REJOICED!
Okay. It’s out of the way. You knew it was coming, right? Anyway, I thought this was a really good and funny season of SNL (the Mick Jagger finale not included). Let’s review some highlights:
- Jason Segel and The Muppets
- Capitalizing on all the pedophiles in the news with Steve Buscemi (which would make an awesome title of a standalone TV show, right?)
- JIMMY FALLON’S CHRISTMAS EPISODE, AM I RIGHT? God, all the alums and everyone having such a good time … best ever.
- Channing Tatum’s strippery monologue (and also, who knew he was so hilarious?)
- Eli Manning making me laugh almost as much as Peyton did, which is a huge compliment
- Even Lindsay Lohan was sort of interesting to watch, in a horrifying trainwreck sort of way
- The introduction of the fake soap opera “The Californians”, which hilariously mocks how everyone in California is obsessed with driving directions and provided the INSANELY fun to imitate “What are YOU doing here?”
So overall, a very fun year. But the big question on everyone’s mind was, where the fuck was Timberlake? Yeah, yeah, he showed up from time to time, but I need him to host AT LEAST once a year. Step aside, Alec Baldwin. (And also, please no more Katy Perry ever on anything, okay TV Gods?)