Party rock is in the house tonight
Hey, hey, hey!
If you’re like me, you’ve been excited about this all week! Yes, it’s time to sit back, relax with your remote and favorite drink and watch some kids spell eudaemonic … or something like that.
The general rules are simple: have fun, comment and spare not the snark!
The rules for the drinking game are:
Drink whenever …
1. Chris Harrison’s face is on screen
2. A speller had an older brother or sister who once particiapted in The Bee
3. A speller comes from a state that starts with the letter “M”
4. A speller made it to the finals last year
5. A speller asks for “language of origin”
6. You think the Spell master, Dr. Bailey might be pretty good in the sack (double if the moderator/head judge looks at him like he is)
7. A speller is homeschooled
8. A speller has three or more names (hyphenations included)
9. A speller is named Katharine, Kate or Katie
10. A speller’s favorite hobby is math
11. There is a montage of previous winners
12. A speller’s waistband is closer to his/her armpits than ass
13. The audience laughs at something that happens
14. The audience bursts into spontaneous applause (for something other than a correctly spelled word)
15. A speller has a better mustache than a middle school Tom Selleck would have had (double if it’s a girl speller)
16. While the audience laughs/cheers/applauds, a parent of the speller in question looks on only with a serious, intense stare
17. A speller uses a finger to ‘script’ out the spelling of a word
18. A speller adjusts his/her glasses
19. A speller has to take a hit off the inhaler
20. Double drinks if the final two spellers misspell their last word and both get another round
So, there you have it! Not too tough, right? And as an added bonus…no one will make you spell anything once you start drinking!
PS … SPECIAL T-H-A-N-K-S to SJO for helping come up with the list!