Wow, just wow. The elimination show this week was crazy. I’m not sure they can keep up this level of controversy and craziness. I’ve bullet pointed most of it, but couldn’t boil down the last 10 minutes. I have FEELINGS about it.
- The opening number is “Man in the Mirror.” Haven’t we already heard this song? It’s too low for Drew and she has a shaky start. Astro butts in on Melanie’s solo. How Rude! (There are not enough Full House reference in life.)
- We start the proceedings right away. Chris Rene (surprise), Melanie, and Rachel (another surprise) are safe. Four have to sweat it out backstage.
- Some British rapper I’ve never heard of does his thing. Steve loves it. He’s British though.
- Josh is safe. That leaves Marcus, Astro & Drew.
- Astro is the one with the lowest votes of the night. If nothing else he learned a little humility. Has a girl in Cali. Is it wrong that I’m freaked out that this kid might be having the sex?
- Simon looks like he’s going to throw up. I almost think he had all his hopes pinned on Drew. Did he think he’d make through without ever having a group in the bottom? Drew & Marcus will have to battle. She is a blubbering mess and I’m not sure she’ll get through her save me song.
- Drew’s last chance song: “Listen to Your Heart” – Great song that fits her well. Whoa, the key change was painful, but you can’t say she wasn’t putting her entire self into the performance. It’s obvious she is not handling it well.
- Marcus’ last change song: “Neither One of Us” – He starts his song by thanking everyone and seems very humbled by it all. He has such a great voice. I really think he won the vocal battle tonight. He has a look on his face like he knows he’s going home and is OK with it.
- L.A. – Doesn’t want us to think this is an easy decision just because Marcus in on team L.A., but he still sends Drew home.
- Simon – He takes full responsibility for Drew being in this position. He should have done a different song. He is really trying to appeal to Nicole and Paula to give Drew another chance.
- Nicole – She compliments both of them and ends up sending home Drew.
- Paula, looking super sparkly tonight, says the safety song had to move her and she sends home Drew. So I’m guessing Marcus moved her more.
That means Drew is out of The X Factor. Simon jumps out of his chair completely pissed off. He refuses to comment to Steve. Steve doesn’t take it well and throws his hands up in the air. The poor girl is devastated. Simon won’t let any of the other judges near her and won’t comment on what he thinks of them. If looks could kill all the other judges would be dust. He does eventually, in a very terse voice, talk about how Drew is a star and they were thankful to her fans.
I really was amazed that they sent Drew home. You know Simon is going to take this as a personal attack. I wouldn’t want Simon having 3 of the top five either. If they are looking at who will win the whole thing don’t they need to take America’s vote into account? I would think Marcus being in the bottom two weeks in a row would signify that America is not feeling him. This is Drew’s first time out of safety. Then again, the judges have been telling her for awhile that she needed to up her game and try something new. I don’t know. I can see it both ways. The girl is going to have a stellar career no matter what. Simon will make sure of that.
So who will get all of Drew’s votes? Who will get all of Astro’s? Did the right two go home? Are you surprised to see Chris Rene make it out unscathed? Who is most poised to win it all? You can tell me all about it in the COMMENTS!!
*Sorry for the poor picture quality. Fox didn’t have any pics up so I had to create my own.