TOO MUCH AWESOMENESS TO HANDLE. Guys, I’ve gotta be up in four hours to take Billy to the airport, but we NEED to discuss so let me do this in bullet point form and I promise next week to not cheap out on you, okay? Okay. Let’s do it.
- OH MY GOD DEAD MASON. Does anyone else kind of hope that his heart superheals and grows back? He’s too hot to die.
- Furthermore, OH MY GOD STABBED JENNA. That was truly evil, and horrifying. I really thought we might lose two characters in this episode, because you know these bitches will go there.
- Damon being so upset at how upset Elena was … I love Damon in all his glory, and I love all his emotions and how he plays them. He was great with Mason as someone who’s been there with Katherine and knows better, and he was kind of horrifyingly good at torture, and he was really good at annoyed older brother with Jeremy.
- Speaking of, did anyone else give Jeremy a standing O (and by O, I mean ovation, obviously–pervs) when he told Elena to fuck off? Because I did. He really mastered the Oh, snap! flowchart.
- The vervain well? Fuckin’ awesome. Mason is smart, which is another reason he needs to come back. I’m not so sure Tyler would be a reasonable substitute. And Stefan looked totally gross. Awesome.
- Also, Stefan was so good in his break up scene with Elena. Stefan has just been a generally, all around better character this season. I’m pretty excited for their break up since it’ll mean more time away from Elena, more time being awesome, and hopefully more time with Damon. Next week looks great.
- Caroline with her mom was SO GOOD. I wish she hadn’t had to compel her back, but I can understand why she did. But I loved them together, and I loved how she excitedly said that Bonnie wasn’t mean to her once. So sweet, so high school, so … Caroline.
- Oh, man. MATT. I did not like that ending at all. And I’m glad he’s still moping over the break up. And also … did he get hotter since the last time we saw him? And also, did Jeremy?
- And speaking of Jeremy, his mad face reminded me of Sam Winchester’s mad face … and that is NOT a compliment, people. It wasn’t quite that bad but I saw the nostril twitch and I was like, aw hell no. Never go full Sam.
- Hmmm, what else? Oh! Bonnie! I was glad she came around a little bit this episode and wasn’t such a withholding bitch. Her helping Damon was kind of fun (so not on board for that ship, if that’s where they’re going with it), but I LOVED her not being able to turn down Sad Caroline. Cheers to the possible return of Cool Bonnie!
- Gross to Jenna for talking to Stefan about him and Elena fucking. I know she’s their aunt, and not their mother, but fucking COME ON.
- Wolfsbane. Nice.
Okay, I think that’s it for me for now. Can’t wait to hear what you guys thought, though! This episode was loaded … I just don’t understand how most regular episodes of this show are better and more exciting than a lot of season finales. It’s INSANE. And I’m really glad everyone is coming together for converging storylines–Katherine, Elena, the bros, the wolves, Jeremy, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, Jenna … I dig it big time. But I said I was done and I am, so now your turn! Comments!
Tags: Vampire Diaries