Alright, guys, here it is … the much anticipated Vampire Diaries Drinking Game! Wooooooo! This was SUCH a group effort, especially from Twitter, so I’ll be shouting out throughout the game and then again at the end for anyone I may have missed. Optional bonus drink if you drink to one of your own suggestions!
Suggestions–First of all, don’t get drunk enough to act like an asshole, unless of course you plan on coming here and sharing it with the rest of the class in the comments. As you know from all of my Damon love, assholes are always welcome in my hood. Secondly, if any of you are underage, drink something non-alcoholic. I don’t want to hear any bitching about how I never told you not to be a whiny juvenile delinquent bitch. Do it on your own time! Third … drinking and tweeting. Always a good idea.
And what kind of drinking game host would I be if I didn’t offer some beverage suggestions? Might I suggest a Bloody Mary, red vodka (thanks, @nandao!), blood orange screwdrivers, or a sloe gin fizz, which I know from experience looks like you literally puked your guts out when it comes back up? And if you’re a minor, first of all, sucks to be you, and secondly … drink a virgin Bloody Mary or something. How the fuck should I know? I’m a goddamn grown up, I don’t worry about these things. Also, I’m pretty sure that’s the first and last time the word “virgin” will ever be used in conjunction with Vampire Diaries.
Alright, whaddaya say? Let’s get this show on the road.
Drink every time …
- someone vamps out.
- a Salvatore gets stabbed, slapped, or beaten up–times two if it’s by the other one (awesome suggestion from @abbygraham).
- there’s a close up of a magic ring.
- Damon does “the eyebrow thing”.
- a boy is shirtless. (@tvdnews recommends ABSolut on this one!)
- Stefan stares at somebody without saying a word for more then three seconds (courtesy of @SurvivedGWBush).
- a neck is snapped.
- Lizbian Forbes turns to Damon for help.
- Tyler loses his temper.
- there’s underage drinking.
- the town holds an event where attendance is mandatory.
- semi-related to the above, whenever Katherine and Elena are in the same place at the same time (thanks to @jadeAODradio!).
- Caroline is in her bra.
- Damon jokes about Stefan eating animals.
- Damon calls Stefan “brother”
- a classroom is used for purposes other than lectures or homework (i.e. Elena, Salvatores, Ric having a meeting to discuss a plan of action) (via commenter Danielle).
- Jeremy pouts and/or whines.
- a brow is furrowed (we’re looking at you, Stefan).
- Bonnie gives a vampire a headache.
- a character is writing in their journal, or holding their journal as if they just completed a journal entry (thanks again to awesome commenter Danielle!).
- Damon takes a drink (suggested by @thebacardiqueen, true to her name!).
- someone gets the one-hand choke from a vampire–times two if it’s another vampire getting choked (also suggested by @abbygraham, who may be the VIP of this brainstorm!).
- vampires are discussed in WAY too close proximity to regular, clueless people and yet they don’t hear.
- we’re reminded of how Matt is all alone in the world.
- Elena stands around looking horrified but not actually doing anything.
- someone says the word “epic”. (HUGE props to commenter Sandra for this one! How could we have possibly missed that on the first try?)
And there you have it! Not a bad start, but a drinking game can always be a living, breathing thing, so if you have suggestions for additions, leave them in the comments! Happy drinking, don’t keep your buzz to yourself, don’t make me remind you of that Saved By the Bell episode where they drove drunk, etc. And as promised, here are my additional thanks–
There were a lot of people who made duplicate suggestions and it was just impossible to credit them all, as well as many people who helped out in the way of retweeting, which was hugely appreciated and I hope you’ll consider doing with this post. MAJOR thanks also goes out to:
You are all AWESOME. Thanks for being such a great fandom and such fun Twitter friends. :)