First things first.
JACK BROKE UP WITH AMILY!!!!!!! *muppet flails*
The insane joy I feel over this is a little bit embarrassing, but not so much that I’m afraid of share it with OCTV and the Internet.
Because SERIOUSLY. FINALLY. OMG.
I’m sure that now Amily will go into full spiral meltdown mode and that this is probably exactly what Emanda wanted. Though I’m not sure she can take credit for V pulling Amily onstage and embracing her as a family member. HOWEVER, Emanda was pretty insistent that Amily give Charlotte that redacted David Clarke journal, so maybe she knew Charlotte would out V in front of the reporter? I like the idea that Emanda is so good at reading people and predicting their reactions that she set the whole thing up because she knew exactly how each of the Graysons would react. So let’s go with that.
Anyway. YES. Although now I’m a little conflicted because we have been officially alerted to the relationshit between Emanda and White Sensei-in-Training, whose name is Aiden and whom I will henceforth actually call Aiden because that name is hot, because I think maybe I like them and their terribly confusing chemistry.
I mean, Emanda knocked him out with a wine bottle and then put his body in a dumpster. That is some serious anger. But Aiden is obviously doing his best to apologize to her by helping her find her mom and making Sensei Takeda believe in her again, which is a pretty solid way of apologizing. And proving that he cares about her. Right? In any case, they BETTER have some confused love/hate sex soon.
But this has thrown a bit of a wrench into my Jack love. Because even though I’m so excited that he’s dunzo with Amily, and even though he and Emanda had that incredibly restrained scene where he told her he’s the father of Amily’s behbeh, I’m not sure if want them to end up together now. Let’s face it, Aiden and Emanda are hot together. And maybe she’s such a different person than who Jack wants her to be that she realizes things would never work with him.
I’m interested to see where this goes. Takeda is so adamant that Emanda lose her compassion and close her heart that I think maybe she’s heeding his advice and just playing everyone. Except maybe Nolan.
So the other big events of the episode involve Aiden discovering Emanda’s mother—though I don’t think he knows he’s discovered her—and found the flight recorder, which he returned to Emanda, and Victoria publicly acknolwedging her affair with David Clarke, that Charlotte is David’s daughter, and that “Amanda Clarke” is now part of the family. Shit is going down y’all.
Additionally, after Aiden attacked Nolan in Emanda’s house, Emanda sort of broke up with Nolan as her revenger in crime. I’m very, very sad about this. And Emanda now knows that her mom was in love with WHA, which I’m sure is the weirdest, guiltiest, most terrifying feeling ever, knowing that a person you have confused feelings for killed the dude who was potentially your stepdad.
- You guys, I feel really bad for Daniel. He seems really, deeply unhappy. I want him to run away from the Hamptons and become, like, a carpenter or something and to completely become estranged from his terrible, horrible, no good family. Though I do hope he heeds Emanda’s advice to best V at her own game.
- Okay, so that phone call Conrad received from WHA’s lawyers…was that Emanda’s mom?
- I kind of love Conrad’s diabolical plan to have a big to-do marriage ceremony now that V has outted herself as an adultress. V is so many kinds of trapped in the Conrad Grayson prison that I almost feel bad for her.
- What is with Jack and Declan wearing tank tops? Jack I’m okay with, though it seems out of character. But Declan? STOP IT, SHOW.
- Also, the whole Bling Ring storyline with Declan and Chandler as burglars is hysterical to me. Seriously, WTF. Though I like it a little more now that Hot Hunter Dad from Teen Wolf is on Revenge because of the burglary storyline.
- I don’t know how I feel about this Nolan/Padma thing. But I do love that she’s jealous of Emanda.
“You sound like a jouranlist. Or even worse, a detective.”—Victoria, to Daniel
“Padma, this is Emily. My . . . my . . . Emily.”—Nolan, to Padma
“Do that and I will have our head on a pike.”—Victoria | OMG PLEASE CAN WE MAKE MADELEINE STOWE BE ON GAME OF THRONES?
So that’s the episode! Sorry this wasn’t up sooner. I totally meant to do it last night, and then I ended up drinking instead. At a bar. With people. Not at home alone. Not that y’all care either way. ANYWAY. Please do tell me all of your thoughts and theories and feelings about this Aiden/Emanda thing in comments!