WHAT THE FUCK SUITS?! Guys, I’m so not happy right now with my 1b favorite show (Happy Endings is obvs 1a) after last night. I told y’all if they killed Grammy there would be no coming back from that for me, even though I knew it was coming from the beginning of the season. I guess my threats just don’t hold as much power as I thought they did. Sure they brought Donna back to lessen the blow of the worst offense they could do to me but guess what? IT DIDN’T WORK. Grammy was seriously my favorite character and that one little interaction between her and Harvey was not enough. I NEEDED more. Specifically, I needed drunk Grammy and Harvey trading embarrassing Mike stories and then having secret inside jokes to hold over him. I will be grieving this loss for years I’m telling you. Not since Dr. Greene’s passing in the Hawaiian peacefulness have I been sad to watch the next episode because I know they won’t be in it. Well, at least they won’t be alive in the next episode. This includes a lot of character deaths from LOST.
Even though I’m EXTREMELY unhappy that they’ve killed off the future old me, I understand why they did it. Writers, this doesn’t mean I forgive or I’m okay with this move. In fact, I’ll never be okay with having no more Grammy. I will say I loved the parallel between Grammy’s death and Rachel breaking the news to Mike to Harvey and Donna’s moment last week. This will definitely be a bonding opportunity for Harvey and Mike though I think Mike might blame Harvey, the firm, and himself for not spending more time with our favorite old lady. I’m VERY curious to see how Mike handles this and what Harvey does. While Harvey dove into his work to help him cope, I imagine Mike will probably do the opposite. Or as the preview suggested – smoke weed. Whatever gets you through it I guess. Maybe he’ll become Oscar the Grouch and start living in a trash can and become one of those prophets that berate people on the streets. Or even better MAYBE he’ll join a mathletes league! Yes, let’s hope he joins a mathletes team.
Anyway, I mentioned Donna is back and it’s lovely. Oh, how I missed her and the facial conversations she and Harvey have. Basically, now that we don’t have Grammy anymore Donna is NEVER allowed to leave again. There’s really not much for me to say about Donna’s return except that I’m extremely happy she’s back to snark everyone and rule Pearson Hardman. Also, I’m going to need to know about this “other time” Harvey came over to her place. Writers consider it a gift for your best character on the show.
(Side note- I had a minor outpatient procedure yesterday and currently have five stitches right in the middle of my back so sitting up and typing is pretty fucking painful today. Who knew that back muscles were involved in typing? Anyway, this rest of this recap is going to be a list of reactions and observations. Also, thank god for pain meds.)
- So guys you know how much I’ve loved Louis this season? Well, I KNEW that love would pay off. Rick Hoffman has stolen the show this season. Seriously. He was PERFECT last night and I loved his little ‘waiting’ spiel to Harvey and Jessica at the end. I think it was fitting because it finally allowed Louis to have the upperhand and get out from being used by everyone. I honestly don’t care who he votes for. I just want Louis be appreciated yo.
- Anyone else flashback to the Save By The Bell detention episode where Mr. Belding is obsessed with his Bonsai tree when they showed Hardman pruning his? I was seriously hoping for Louis to have his own Screech/Bonsai moment. Also yes, EVERYTHING reverts back to SBTB somehow. (By the way if you’re crazy and don’t remember this episode the SBTB Blog will refresh your memory for ALL the episodes: http://sbtb.blogspot.com/)
- I WANT Grammy’s apartment.
- Mike’s tie was extremely distracting for me this episode.
- I bet half of Harvey’s record collection came from street vendors.
- The Jessica/Hardman laying down their gauntlets was amazing. LOVED it.
- Louis would have a special suit for a senior partner promotion AND Donna would know exactly what that means.
- How did Donna know that second check contained a bigger bonus if she never looked at the first one?
- Rachel’s white dress needs to get in my closet immediately. Also why the fuck is she surprised that Mike would do something sweet like buy his grandmother an apartment? Does she not know Mike at all?! (She really doesn’t.)
- A baseball case! Yay for Harvey with a bat! Also Louis’ reaction to the bat when he first saw it was classic.
- I say Donna protests too much about this whole loving Harvey business.
- Speaking of the case, I figured Harvey would be more upset about someone doping and ruining the pureness of the sport. Ha! Yeah right. Baseball pure? That’s a joke. (Sorry living with a baseball fanatic has rubbed off on me.)
- Looking at real estate must really turn Rachel on if Mike simply calling her “beautiful” got her all hot and bothered.
- I feel like I’m missing something but honestly I just keep wondering who would win a bonsai tree pruning contest, Mr. Belding or Hardman?
- Grammy calling Harvey a hardass to his face and then demanding to meet spaz Harold secured her spot as the best ever.
- I’m betting the vote next week will be deadlocked even. Or that Hardman wins. Or Jessica pulls out a last second victory thanks to Louis. Really, I have no idea what to expect week except tears for Grammy passing.
- Writers even though I’m unhappy with you right now, I promise not send you flaming dogshit. Just give me time and I’ll learn to love you wholeheartedly again. RIP Edith Ross aka Grammy aka my spirit animal.
Ok I’m done. I know I missed talking about a lot of stuff but shit guys pain meds make thoughts really hard to string together. Also, they make you focus on bonsai pruning apparently. Anyway, what did y’all think? Did you like the episode? Were you SUPER PISSED that Grammy went to Candyland because that’s the dream, right? What do you think will happen next week? Give me a bonus of my own and talk to me!