I did it!! I made it through my first season of recapping a show!! In all fairness it IS only a 10 episode per season show and I DID have one minor hiccup (technical difficulties) with the 3rd episode and ended up combining Ep. 3 & 4…but whatever…you can’t take this victory away from me!! I did it!!
Look, I got laid off & am not finding ANYthing remotely resembling a half decent job so I need to celebrate where I can…so you’re celebrating with me! Okay?
Now, on with ‘Endless Summer’.
(Sidenote: I really wanted to title this “She has a nasty gash in her upper leg” thanks to Carlos but I thought that may have been taking things a little too far.)
- I hate it when you’re riding your tractor along the beach and end up dragging a dead body behind you. I’d hazard a guess that that’s one of the least fun ways to start your day.
- Awwww…the “I miss you phone call”! At least she didn’t hang up on him this time…oh…wait…she did. Is it possible she’s ending the calls that way ‘cuz she’s afraid of the end-of-call “I love you’s” or the possible lack thereof? Is she feeling awkward about that whole thing since they haven’t had a chance to talk about it?
- Stark’s dressed appropriately-ish. Mind you, I’m not sure the Bureau Chief, who’s investigating the department’s (Jim’s) practices should be barefoot while approaching a crime scene. Perhaps, knowing your job could land you in some situations where you won’t JUST be walking on tile or hardwood flooring or pavement for that matter, where you can strut in your come-fuck-me stilettos…(breathe deep, Erin)…perhaps, you could think to bring a pair of sensible shoes to change into if the need arises. Just a thought.
- I hate this whole “rough night” “yeah, I’m in a shitty hotel & can’t sleep” conversation. Is it just me or does it feel like she’s fishing for a “hey, I have a huge house & my girlfriend is a state away, feel free to come stay in my extra room & get some shuteye”? Probably just me, huh?
- I want to know when Jim’s golf club will get the credit it’s due for a solid performance every time we see it? (That is NOT a euphemism.)
- Looks like Daniel’s gonna take some abuse this episode? They really need to treat him better.
- Oh no…Stark & Jim talking about “firm” is not gonna be any good for anybody involved.
- And “evaluating his performance”. Jesus. I feel like I’ve just been hit over the head with a “hey, can you see the chemistry we’re trying to create between Jim & Stark” hammer. Ugh.
- It hurts me looking at Jim leaving Callie a “still waiting for that call back” message…all forlorn & everything. He should never be sad. It’s just wrong.
- Wait a minute…this bitch is avoiding his call altogether? I mean, even Miranda’s telling her she can spare the time to take a flipping phone call…
- Okay, I KNOW the show’s just doing its best to build tension but I can’t take it!!! Of COURSE his phone was on the charger when she called him back…which, by the way, Cal, your message was great & you sound sad & sorry that you’ve been SO busy…but would it have killed you to actually say “I miss you” or “I love you”…come on…give us (him) SOMEthing!!
- SEEEEEE!!!!! Cute morning wake up call…she’s running late…STILL he lets her know he’s not mad at HER…reminds her to eat (so cute…yes, gentlemen…sometimes it’s the little things that make us swoon) and then she hung up on him…again…and Jim is just DYING to say “I love you”…oh, Callie…I hope you get your head straight when you’re done with this exam!!
- Another sensible, ‘you’re not letting your boobs hang out’ blouse will not make me forget your boyfriend is a married man, Stark.
- “Cops end up with cops and doctors end up with doctors”…??? It’s irrational for me to despise a fictional character so much…right?
- Yay!!! Callie passed!!! And then…are you freaking kidding me?? You’ve already said that you wouldn’t have even gone to Atlanta without his encouragement…now, you’ve been brushing him off like crazy ‘cuz you’ve been studying so hard and as soon as you learn that you’ve passed your exam you decide NOT to call him ‘cuz you MAY get his voicemail and that’s not the way you should tell him?? Nuh uh. Doesn’t make sense. First, you don’t KNOW he won’t answer…second, CALL JIM…he’ll be thrilled for you no matter what!!! Idiot. And NOW you’re gonna go celebrate with Miranda & “the troops”??? Get on a fucking plane and go see your man!!!!
- (breathe deep again, Erin) Okay…
- So wait…this kid’s confession doesn’t sound right & I don’t think Jim thinks so either…lemme guess…the kid was protecting the older surfer dude/”dad”??
- Ohhhhh….I kinda liked that they cut away from her begging him to tell her that there wasn’t something there and came back to her handing in her evaluation…
- Shit!!! Wait!!! He didn’t…there’s no way…she said she’s only his supervisor until the review’s done…please tell me he didn’t give her an in…
- Ugh. Seriously. I’m guessing that Jim told Stark that there was NOTHING there and she’s just put on a brave happy face so that she can walk out of the station with her I-only-go-after-men-in-relationships head held high..ish. And, that the important thing that Jim had to do was get on a plane to go see Callie…but holy fuck am I irritated watching Callie “celebrate” with Miranda when she hasn’t even shared the news with Jim yet. Uncool. Seriously.
- I do not love the “I finally feel like I’m standing on my own two feet” thing…I mean, it’s important…especially as a single mom & putting her dreams aside to be a mom & having dealt with a husband in jail…I get it…but I don’t love it…
- Okay!!! Surprise visit from Jim, as I suspected…now I’m scared though…
- WHAAATTTT!!!??? Holy psyche out!! Maybe I’m totally naïve & gullible…or maybe I’m just conditioned for relationship disappointment on TV shows…but I really thought that was gonna be a break up…I was almost getting teary eyed…and THEN!!!! PROPOSAL!!!! And then I may have gotten shivers…
And now…we wait…there’s no way she’s just gonna say “yes”…right? It’s not going to be that simple…
Well…that’s it. I’m a little blah about the season all over…I’m not sure if you could tell? But that’s only because I used to love it SO much & I want more of the snarky, fun, smart Jim & Carlos & Callie & Daniel dynamic…for me it’s the relationships that made this show SO great in the beginning so I really hope we get back to that next season.
What did you think? Totally predictable or were you surprised at the proposal…I mean, I hoped…but I was surprised.
Thanks for making my first (short) foray into the world of recapping fun & indulging my raging hatred of all things Stark! ;)