Happy Last Recap Before the Finale!! Not that I’m happy the season’s over. Look…I know my recaps haven’t really been all hearts & flowers but that doesn’t mean that I don’t wish there were more than 10 episodes to a season…I still really love the basics of the show…the core relationships…I’d like more time with them. Seriously.
I’m going to do the same thing as last week…my reactions as I was watching. I presume that’s fine with you guys?
- We start with some weird scuba diving extras coming out of murky water talking about coral reef conservation. Would there be coral reef in that water? Is there coral reef in a murky lake? Was it just a lake? A stream? I know nothing about marine biology. Or stuff.
- When are chicks in bikinis gonna learn to NOT go off on their own to purify their water (not a euphemism).
- All of a sudden we’ve switched to an episode of CSI where she’s conveniently discovering blood drops in mud which lead her directly to the dead body o’ the week.
- I LOVE this Callie/Carlos conversation…Carlos all reassuring Callie about her studies and her brain seizing and that’s normal!! I miss their interactions! And, playful Jim jumping for the phone and just wanting to talk to his girlfriend…but then…she’s gotta go? How does she not make a little time for some Jim phone lovin’??
- WAIT!!! Did she actually just dismiss Jim and hang up on him altogether? Nuh uh. Bad form, Cal. Not cool.
- And, of course…Jim looks up from Callie hanging up on him and who’s right there? The Bureau Chief. Will my “I’m hating her a little bit less than usual” semi-reprieve from last week continue? With this development, methinks notsomuch.
- “And his luck just ran out.” – Jim
- We got another Horatio Caine-esque cheesy line but no dramatic donning of the shades before the title card. You gotta do both, Jim, or it just doesn’t count.
- I mean, why WOULDN’T Daniel be all fascinated with lottery winners? Of course he would know who the victim is.
- And now, my alternate title for this recap: “I’m not a shut in, I just hate people.” Oh, Neil Gannon…I think you & me are gonna be friends.
- Jim’s call to Callie: “I’m trying to organize a trip to Atlanta this weekend.” Me: ME TOO!!!! Except the weekend after next…look out ATL!! (Also, YAY!)
- Wait, my ATL fun celebration is short lived ‘cuz Callie tells Jim she doesn’t have time with her rounds & studying and stuff :( “I know you’re frustrated (read: sexually). So am I.”
- I hate the lead up to serious Jim/Callie stress.
- So, Brian Taylor won $130 million and he was depressed…this is totally why I’d only want to win $50 million. More than that would be ridiculous. And depressing. (kidding, I know depression is a serious thing & money does NOT make everything better…still, I believe $50 million would put me in a better frame of mind for dealing with other depressing shit…I can’t know for sure…but it’s a risk I’m willing to take)
- Shit! I’m already to make a point about how much I love Jim and would totally jump on his Scotland (St. Andrew’s)/Pebble Beach dream…although, I’d throw in a house on Paradise Island for the Ocean Club golf course too…stunning…and/or a house in Lyford Cay that’s close to Tiger’s golf course ‘cuz everything really IS better in the Bahamas…but whatever…and THEN, Stark has to jump in with she’s not sure how long her man’s gonna be a problem…???? No thank you, ma’am. No leading the already sad ‘cuz he’s missing his girlfriend, Jim to wondering what’s going on with YOUR long distance relationship. Nuh. Uh. Keep it to yourself. Get a girlfriend to talk to that shit about.
- Okay…moving along…
- So, this kid (the victim’s brother) lives in some crazy ass mansion with millions of dollars in cars & bikes & toys scattered about but Jim and Stark are just free to wander about the grounds until they get to the backyard where he’s flying gigantic remote control helicopter, like you do…and, all he has to say when he sees two random strangers in said backyard is “sorry, can’t hear you” and then continues to fly the helicopter instead of say, putting the toy down & wondering what the entire fuck people (who you don’t yet know are cops) are doing wandering around your property? Okay.
- Recluse. Do you say “reeecluse” or “reckluse”??? Just curious.
- Hold up. The angry, “I hate people” dude is a 32 yr old young adult romance writer. I kinda love this.
- And, while we know the romance writing recluse is the perfect suspect, we’re led to the nice legged, perky assed, annoying realtor lady. Which, by the way, I kind of loved it when Jim & Stark got to her office & Stark was the one who go the “perky ass” comment. Deceivingly we CAN appreciate other women’s perky attributes.
- I love the running theme of Jim just grabbing shit to eat wherever he is…in this case from Perky Ass’ client gift baskets. By all means, Jim…help yourself.
- Okay…Miranda showing up at Callie’s door to apologize for having been a bitch is a little random. Even if it IS to invite her to a stunted tissue valve thing. Do we trust Miranda?
- AND our sweet, sweet Jim is arranging a gift basket of his own for Callie…with all her favourite things…WHILE SHE’S AGREEING TO GO OUT WITH MIRANDA? Grrrr.
- I mean, she’s entitled to a break, obviously…but maybe she could make just a little time for our boy instead of going out with Bitchy McBitcherpants for free food, booze & stunted tissue valves?
- Blah blah blah…maybe the brother did it.
- Or, perhaps Perky Ass.
- It’s official…I love that we’re getting a little more of the Carlos/Jim (and some Daniel) banter back but I kinda hate that Stark is directly in the middle of it. I don’t necessarily HATE her anymore…I just don’t want her in the middle of OUR stuff. You know?
- Ohhhh!!!! Harmless, I hate people guy may not be so harmless!! I really wanted him to not be crazy.
- Again, do we trust Miranda? There’s something about her…AND…why oh why do the romance gods hate Jim & Callie…WHY did she have to JUST miss the basket. I mean, of COURSE she did…but why?
- WAIT!!!! HOLD UP!!!! WTF???!!!
- #1 – Jim should not be bothering to engage Stark in relationship conversation…NO good will come of that…
- #2 – Please tell me that Stark did NOT just tell Jim that her long distance relationship guy is MARRIED!!!
- Back to hating her. I’m fickle. I’m entirely entitled this time.
- Seriously though…so, she didn’t know he was married at the time…she fell in love and then found out…AND THEN STAYED WITH HIM!!! No wonder she has no problem moving in on Jim. Whore. Please feel free to find yourself an unattached man.
- And now she’s getting undressed… Come. On.
- Can I just say that there is no way in hell you would get me I that water. No chance.
- Oh, hello cougar!! (panther?)
- I kinda loved Jim hanging from the tree & then crazy recluse coming out & talking to “Sheila” like she’s a fluffy white “Princess Fancy Pants” kitten looking for her treats.
- Jim’s “Hey, look!! Sheila’s back!!”” and tackle was fantastic.
- AND…we’re back to the brother having done it. By accident. ish. Idiot.
- Finally!!! Callie gets that she’s the worst girlfriend ever and calls Jim…but wait…who shares and devours a gift basket before knowing who it’s for/from? I’ve worked in various offices…you don’t open the basket unless you know it’s yours or the person it was intended for opens it and THEN you can dive in.
- Awwwww….see!!! Jim is breaking my heart. Again, I reiterate…I agree that Callie needed a break from studying. I just think she could’ve taken a minute to have a chat with her boyfriend while she was taking that break instead of eventually putting THAT look on his face when he realizes that she took a break and chose not to dedicate any of that break time to him. :(
- Jesus, Jim…NO! Do NOT ask Stark about relationship stuff…oh..no…this is not gonna be any good for anybody.
- I’m a little nervous about next week’s finale. I do no enjoy angst.
Well, what say you? Am I the only one who was starting to not hate Stark only to be thrown back into “she’s a total whore” mode?
Do you wish there were more episodes or are you ready for a break that will HOPEFULLY lead to fantastic season 4??
See you in the comments :)