Well guys, it’s our first post-Donna episode and it was pretty good but you could definitely tell the Donna dynamic was missing from our band of merry men. Really I have mixed feelings about this episode, “All In,” because on one hand I liked it a lot and on the other I was kind of ‘meh’ about it. I truly think it was because Donna was MIA. That fiery redhead knows how to work a scene. Anyway, it was obvious Harvey missed her as well as everyone else in the whole office. Heck, even Louis called her! I will say it was very interesting to see how Harvey reacted in an office setting without Donna there. And the way he refuses to replace her! Can we all say, ‘Awwwwwww!’ together?
Okay enough about Donna missing because I’ve still got an entire episode to talk about which involved TUXES, ballet, and Harvey giving the bird. Yeah, that’s right, Harvey gave the middle finger salute to his opponent this week which has solidified this show and its writers as my favorite EVER. Well, sort of. The Happy Endings crew still holds the number one spot in my heart for a slew of reasons but don’t worry Suits crew you’re only a millimeter behind them after pulling off that stunt. I especially love how you tried to make it inconspicuous by showing it at the bottom of the frame. Way to help USA give FX a run for their money in the edgy department. Sorry, I couldn’t help being an asshole for a second. It just comes naturally. Just know if you get slapped with a fine at all, I’ll pitch in $5 because I really did love the ‘fuck you’ salute.
So, as I mentioned above, tuxes made an appearance this week thanks to the case of the week which saw a gambling, alcoholic businessman lose his company in a game of Texas Hold ‘Em down in wholesome Atlantic City. Really, the only thing that went in Harvey and Mike’s favor while there was that Lucky Thompson wasn’t still Mayor. Still, Harvey’s foe of the week was that redheaded guy that plays on everything but I will always associate as Dr. Morris from ER and Burns from one of the greatest movies ever, Mystery Alaska, no matter what. His real name is Scott Grimes if you care at all but I’m not sure that really matters here. Despite a few bumps here and there, Harvey’s words being turned around on him, and a well-meaning temp assistant, Harvey and Mike eventually win after Harvey beats token redhead guy in a game of poker to get back his client’s company.
The case details themselves don’t really matter to be honest. What was important about this case was to showcase how lost Harvey seems to be right now. Yes, this definitely has to do with losing Donna because when she walked out of the building it seemed she took Harvey’s mojo with her. Additionally, I don’t think Harvey is used to having his back against a wall in a court of law and that is the exact position he’s in with this fraud case so I definitely don’t blame him for going off on Jessica about continually losing at the end of the episode. Harvey is a control freak and he’s lost all control over his professional life and he’s facing an existential crisis at the moment, no doubt it. Taking all this into account, I’m not shocked that Harvey won his client back his company the way he did. He’s taking risks to win anyway he can because he can’t personally take anymore losses.
While Harvey and Mike were busy auditioning to be in the next Ocean’s Eleven sequel, Louis was getting his Center Stage on by helping a ballet company sue the building owner’s which house it. Y’all this storyline was magnificent simply because of Harold’s poor ballet knowledge and how it absolutely offended Louis. Oh yeah, it also gave Rachel something to do other than look pretty. Yep, Rachel got to do associate work and found out she actually enjoys Louis. Mike obviously warned her that he’s the Regina George of the office and will dump her as an ally as soon as she goes against him or embarrasses him. Whichever comes first. Of course, Louis won his case too, which he celebrated by practicing his own ballet moves. If you didn’t laugh at that ridiculousness I don’t want to know you. To make things better, Harvey catches him when he comes to confront Louis about bugging his office which Mike had informed him about after messing around with the precious dictaphone in Rachel’s office. I was really hoping for an awesome zinger from Harvey but what I got instead was even better because, y’all, menacing Harvey is fucking sexy. Or for you heterosexual dudes that read this, a badass motherfucker. The way he stalked and threatened Louis… Good lord, I thought I was going to pee my pants. I can’t wait to see what Harvey’s going to demand from Louis as payback. CANNOT. WAIT.
- Mike being offended by the Grandma/bridge jab was the cutest thing ever.
- Dear writers, I hope you know by not showing Harvey teaching Mike how to tie a bowtie you nearly caused a riot among fans. Not me but I know people who wanted that scene SO BAD.
- Basically the cold opening was perfect. I wouldn’t change a thing especially the panda pic comment.
- When the fuck are we going to get confirmation that Mike was a mathelete?! If the movie ‘21’ taught me anything it is that matheletes always turn into card counters who were previously poor and yet seem to always caught. Mike admitted to both these things last night. So, yeah. Also, I’m not letting this go until I get an answer.
- Mike’s little pot pipe memento. Adorbs.
- Louis’ British accent is SO BAD. Mike’s is perfect though.
- Harvey was obviously just upset about the food truck because it wasn’t the Steak Me Home Tonight food truck.
- I really didn’t give a shit about Jessica’s storyline last night. Sorry. Bitches do what they gotta do.
- Harvey’s temp assistant probably should have gone with an Edible Arrangement. The pineapple might have helped alleviate the blow from all the changes.
- Wait, Harvey peed in a corner of Louis’ office? Gross but also kudos for blaming the cat.
- I’m putting the kabosh on the use of Black Keys songs until the foreseeable future. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE TBK but their songs are way overused at the moment.
- Yes, I totally expected one of the boys to pull a Barney Stinson and yell, “Suit up!” Also, wingman status? Too kewt.
- What’s up with Harvey’s obsession about if Mike tokes up? Don’t be such a prude Harv.
- PRAISE THE LORD! TANNER IS BACK NEXT WEEK!
- “I’m sort of banned from here…” “For smoking weed?” “Counting cards. I mean, I was smoking weed but they banned me for counting cards.”
- “Let’s move, Dorothy.”
- “I don’t have time to explain where babies come from.”
- “I’m not an alcoholic, I’m a compulsive gambler.” “And those dots aren’t connected?”
- “Look at that Harvey, he fanned your folders.”
- “I think I saw some cats hanging out behind the truck.” “Stop trying to make me feel better.”
- “You just got Litt up!”