Okay, since I’m way behind on this, I think I’m going to just rundown, in point form (ish) my thoughts while I was watching…cool?
- I’d imagine it’s never a good thing when you find a dead body floating in your “fountain of youth”…doesn’t seem so youthy to me.
- When did it start being okay for everybody to say “shit” on regular TV? Is A&E considered regular TV? Have I just been missing it all along? I mean, I know “dick” gets thrown around constantly but “shit” seems like it’s pushing it a little…not that I’M offended…just that I’m sure there are some people out there that would fight this tooth & nail.
- Seriously, the “you’re gonna need your pipes snaked, lady” was the best thing ever…to me…mainly because it happened with Jeff there and his “on that note, I’m out” was perfect and finally gave Callie the opportunity to acknowledge that Jeff clearly knows what’s going on with her and Jim and is okay with it…also, the fact that she pointed it out that it’s hard to miss ‘cuz of the goofy look on her face anytime Jim’s around…cutetastic.
- The Bureau Chief’s back to stripper wear atthe office. I mean…maybe not total stripper couture but seriously…why, at work, is she wearing a slit in her skirt that with one wrong move will show off her cooch? Nobody needs to see that…not at the office, anyway.
- WAIT!!!!! Did Jim totally just pull a CSI: Miami, Horatio-esque “utter cheesy line & slide shades on his face before cutting to the actual show opening/theme song” move??? Brilliant. I’d like that to become a habit.
- The victim’s husband’s ponytail. That is all.
- Stark getting a text alert for the “Fashion Police media website” makes me think Taylor Cole is reading my reviews and that was totally a shout out to me. Obviously. Listen, Taylor, it’s nothing personal…you’re stunning, your body is fantastic & the clothes are amazing…they just make no sense for a mostly, male dominated work place…it’s not YOUR fault…talk to the wardrobe dept about your character’s job. You must know this…right?
- I was a little blinded by Jim in his wife beater until I started to wonder if he was covered in mud or sewage?? It had to be mud…right? He wouldn’t be all cute & love up on Callie with literal shit all over himself…right?? But then later, he definitely says it’s the septic tank that was the problem…sooooo… So. Much. Eeeeeww.
- I’m instantly sad over the “wherever that ends up being” set up to Callie possibly ending up practicing somewhere that is STILL away from Jim. Not cool, show. Not cool. I get that we need some angst but I’d just like a true “happily every after” even if I know it’s not really “ever after” ‘cuz THAT would be a boring show. Just for a minute. Please?
- Stark is a total cockblocker. Again. At least this time she had a little sense to look like she knew SHE was the one interrupting AND she apologized. Baby steps, Stark.
- Jim eating leftover sushi off Arnold’s (ha!) plate was revolting. Gross. I thought the same thing when he started digging in the bag with the peanuts at the beginning of the show but I thought maybe those were just my issues…I mean, people DO share…I know we’ve talked about this before…but still, it’s not my thing…I don’t know where your hands have been so I probably won’t put my hands in your bag of nuts (dirty) if you offer them to me. Probably. But then the sushi…ugh…AND HE TOTALLY DIPPED IT IN THE SOY….WHERE BRUCE HAD PREVIOUSLY DIPPED!!!!! Come. On.
- Okay you guys….FINALLY!!!!! Shirtless Jim. In a steam room. Let’s just take a minute to let that sink in & appreciate it…while totally trying to forget that ponytail dude was right beside him letting his ‘roid rage get the better of him. Is it wrong I kinda wanted to see a fight? I imagine Jim’s towel would fall off…not pony tail dude’s, though…no thank you. Am I the only one who finds certain displays of testosterone-ness hot? Not in the ‘roid rage kinda way, obviously…but in a controlled “I don’t need to take all kinds of shit to fuck you up & immobilize you” kinda way (which is what I imagine Jim’s way would be)…
- Jesus. The “I love you’s”…so sweet & kinda heartbreaking ‘cuz I’m assuming with the way it played out it was the first time they’ve said it…have I missed it before? I don’t think so ‘cuz there’ve been times when their conversations lent themselves to the perfect “I love you” exchange but it didn’t happen & with the look on Jim’s face I’m assuming this really was the 1st time they said it and we weren’t supposed to assume it happened off screen at some point…so, the heartbreaking part is that they totally should’ve been able to take a minute and celebrate that milestone in their relationship…while we watched.
Okay here’s my final thought…don’t yell at me but I totally didn’t hate Stark as much in this episode. I mean, she still needs help dressing but at least she had pants on again at one point (not being all sexist & saying she HAS to wear pants ‘cuz she works with men…just that she probably shouldn’t have to have a Brazilian in order to wear any particular dress at work ‘cuz the slit’s ridiculous)…BUT, there was a lot less flirting…there were a couple of looks I could’ve done without…but for the most part I liked her in action…taking down Christa, getting her own jabs in while interrogating Bruce, Christa & the doctor chick…it’d be nice if they could lead Jim & Jennifer in a totally platonic, partner/friendship direction. I know it’s totally unlikely…but it’d be nice.
Also, while Callie was pulling away I was, in my head, waiting for Jim to say “I miss you already”…one of them should’ve said it, really…too corny? Whatever. I can be a hard assed bitch & still want a little corny-ness…no? (for the record, I’m totally not a hard assed bitch…mostly)
What’d you think? Am I alone in easing up on the Bureau Chief? Am I just getting used to her nonsense? Is being laid off completely frying my brain? What’d you think of this format? Any better than my usual rambling mess? Worse…no different? Jesus, I’m needy today.