Just wanted to cover a few things from last nights auditions. Bullet point style.
- Marshea (an audition and Vegas regular) was in a car wreck with his sister six weeks ago and when they took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. He ended up being in a coma for two days. He had a broken neck, a bunch of lacerations, and torn ligaments in his neck. Tell me I wasn’t the only one hoping that he didn’t rebreak his neck and die on stage? Mary was certainly with me.
- The Cincinnati Ballet guy was pulling a joke, right? I mean the guy acts like a douche that doesn’t know what he is doing and does a jazz-ish routine that was just plain terrible. During the middle of it though, he does this spin kick thing and I realize that this dude was (or could be anyway) for real. Then Nigel questions him and we find that he was with the Cincinnati Ballet. He then gets a do-over and proceeds to do arguably the best routine we’ve seen this entire season. WTF?
- The pole dancing girl was really good. I’m glad she didn’t bring up the pole dancing thing at the audition. I know it is serious (she works for Cirque du Soleil for godsake), but it has a bit of a stripper vibe to it. She reminds me of Clarice from last season.
- Good god, the Ninja twins were very irritating. They were funny and interesting for a little bit, but then they were just annoying.
- Hoop guy was insane. I have never seen anything like that. He needs to stay a street artist because he just wasn’t SYTYCD material.
Let me know what you thought about last night’s auditions. Any favorites? Was it just me or did it seem like a crapload of people got through to Vegas?