Well life got in the way this week. I was at a work conference and thought I could make it all work. Unfortunately life conspired against me. Did you know you can’t watch The Voice on Hulu on an iPad? Well, you can’t. Anyway, here is my take on the finals of The Voice. Nothing like a day late and a dollar short.
TEAM BLAKE Jermaine Paul
“I Believe I Can Fly” The man can sing. There is no question about that.
“God Gave Me You” He’s no Blake Shelton, but it was pretty good. Especially when the chorus really kicked in.
“Soul Man” God I love Blake. He’s doing a song that he knows his artist will be good at even if it’s totally out of his comfort zone. Too bad Jermaine’s mic wasn’t turned up. He was hard to hear throughout the performance.
TEAM CEE LO Juliet Simms
“Crazy” Great song for her. Nice tribute to her coach.
“Born to Be Wild” (Even in practice the girl wears leather hot pants and fishnets. WTF.) Crazy and wild. I’d expect nothing less from the two of them.
“Free Bird” Wow. The cape flying in the air was hilarious. The girl does her thing and does it well. She rocked it out.
TEAM CHRISTINA Chris Mann
“The Prayer” Christina was sick and it showed though it might have actually have been better because of that. She couldn’t get too frilly. Chris sounded great.
“The Voice Within” Can’t say I know this one. I was hoping for an opera version of Fighter. He sounded good.
“You Raise Me Up” I hated the lyrical sign language. They haven’t cared about the deaf before now. Having taken American Sign Language, I know that they were taking major liberties with the signing. Anyway, Xtina was sobbing. It was good, but it wasn’t the best thing ever, ever. You know? I was distracted by the staging. The man can sing, there is no doubt about that.
TEAM ADAM Tony Lucca
“99 Problems” Another Fuck You to Christina. Who doesn’t love that? Fabulous idea. It was wonderfully done. Christina was pissed, she even tried to say it was derogatory to women, and it took Adam busting out a Team Xtina shirt to shut her up. You were a bitch. Own it.
“Yesterday” Magical harmonies. I could listen to these two sing this song on repeat forever.
“Harder To Breathe” Whoops! I was wondering when someone would forget the words. Poor Tony fucked up the second verse. Other than that he did pretty good. Christina didn’t care so much she was hate texting or tweeting when he was thanking all the judges.
I can’t even. Another 2 hour show?!?! Here are the highlights:
- Adam looks hot in a suit jacket.
- “I Want You Back” Jermaine Paul w/ Jamar Rogers, Pip, & James Massone They all sounded great. I’m as surprised as the rest of you. Love the moves too. Standing O from the judges.
- The blooper reel was funny but Blake definitely had the best one liners. All the judge asides were great.
- Flo Rida feat. Juliet Simms-The whistle song was stupid but I thought Juliet did well and definitely held her own up there.
- “Bittersweet Symphony” Chris Mann w/ Lindsey Pavao & Katrina Parker I really didn’t think they’d sound good together so color me surprised when they actually did great.
- “Rich Girl” Hall & Oates w/ Jermaine, Chris & Tony Um…how tall is Oates, or Hall I’m not really sure which is which? The duded looked 4 foot nothing. If I were him I wouldn’t stand next to anyone ever.
- “Superstition” Good though I don’t remember most of them. They were trying to work it enough to be remembered.
- More Cee Lo on Parks & Rec!
- “With a Little Help From my Friends” Juliet Simms w/ Jamar Rogers, RaeLynn, Erin Willet Everyone loves Jamar, huh? RaeLynn’s still dressing like Country Music Barbie. Love Erin and Jamar.
- “I Wanted You More” I fucking LOVE Lady Antebellum. Their lead singer is amazing and their videos on YouTube are hilarious.
- “Go Your Own Way” Tony Lucca w/ Jordis Unga Tony’s right. This song needs that other voice. They sounded really good and it was a very successful duet/final song.
- “Only show with chairs big enough to make be look like a tiny pimp baby.” Oh, Keenan, you slay me!
- “Boyfriend” Fucking. Justin. Bieber. This is not a song to sing live. He sucks at rapping and it sounded too much like Justin Timberlake. The original Justin is better.
THE VOICE IS…. JERMAINE PAUL
Wow, I really wasn’t expecting Jermaine to win. Congrats, JERMAINE! How cute was his final performance. The hugging his dad and his wife? Great. Though I always think it sucks they make them sing. He brought it home at the end.
Well another season is over. Did the right person win? Are you a little sad Tony didn’t win just to piss off Xtina? Who really has the best chance of making it in the industry? COMMENTS please, if you still care. This the last for me for awhile so give me some comment love!