Okay, so … this episode was much better than the last couple and I would even say it was a good episode, and it sort of feels like we’re getting back on track, BUT. You knew it was coming, right? The but is that I don’t think I have forgiven the show yet for the New Orleans episode. That shit seriously pissed me off (as you know) and I felt betrayed as a viewer, and it will just take some time to win me back. And really, if the finale weren’t next week, I’m not sure I’d still be recapping it right now, just because I feel like me and this show need a little break, where I don’t talk about it on the internet and I maybe let it pile up on my DVR and instead of spending time with it, watch How I Met Your Mother instead. You know, like a real “taking a break” in a relationship, minus the part about piling up on my DVR. If the person you’re trying to avoid is on your DVR and must be ignored, you have much more exotic problems than me.
Anyway, just because I don’t have a lot of enthusiasm for this episode, which is a bummer because I SHOULD, doesn’t mean I have anything bad to say either, really. So let me just hit the high points here and then y’all can talk about it in the comments (and again, plenty of Wade, so I’m looking forward to the gif linking fest that’s sure to ensue). Ready? Let’s do it.
- Gary Cole is always a high point. I like his relationship with Zoe and how he tries to look out for her and do what’s best for her, even with the awkward situation.
- Lots of Wade! Of course, part of that was him fucking up his bank loan meeting, but part of it was also bromance with Lavon, which I always love.
- LAVON! Just being a good friend and generally awesome guy to everyone. NBD.
- Zoe getting some comeuppance for being such a careless bitch lately.
- Actual character development for Brick.
- The return of Annabeth with an actual story. Man, I love her. She might even be my favorite secondary character, although I do love Tom and his damn puppy sweater and adorable relationship.
- Lemon using tennis as a euphemism for sex. Hahahahaha! So southern, and yet I also had a roommate in college who used “tennis” also, but really just to be funny.
- I also liked Lemon’s dumb friend. She reminded me of Karen in Mean Girls. I wonder if next week her boobs will have ESPN and she’ll tell us if it’s already raining.
More on the meh side … I didn’t care too much about Rose manipulating Magnolia’s fear of hell, and of course I could give a shit about George and Lemon. Or Lemon getting her head stuck in a bed, which … hello, when Full House beat you to the punch, it’s bad. What’s next, Lemon decides she’s not skinny enough and passes out after running on a treadmill and only eating ice cubes for four days? Please.
I just realized … this show really needs Kimmy Gibbler. All shows do, really.
Alright, what did you guys think? Are you still mad at the show, or have you forgiven it mostly except you’re dragging out the stage where it has to suck up to you and bring chocolate and stuff? And by chocolate, I of course mean more Wade. Any favorite moments or thoughts? And who’s looking forward to next week? I am, in spite of myself. God help me, I cannot resist a stormy barn scene. I blame this on The Wonder Years.
Comments people! I’m going to need all the juice I can get to help me through the finale!
Tags: Hart of Dixie